Monday, June 1, 2009

Nuts

I performed the fitness equivalent of purchasing a used car tonight: I joined a gym. When it came time to "seal the deal", the representative trotted out the "I can't do what you're asking, so I'm gonna go get my manager" line. I told him I wasn't looking for a low, low price on a '92 Hyundai. The manager came over and did this martial-arts bow while holding his right fist to his chest - a very Shaft-meets-Dalai-Lama move, I must say. After a few minutes, we came to an agreement and he gave us the same bow as he excused himself. I felt like I had just been an unwitting memeber of this cat's religious ceremony. Being a salesman myself, I fail to elevate my craft to that level.

At any rate, I am completely IN now because I have the potential of losing 100 clams and paying for it monthly. That's nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment