Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hi all...I'm part of the weight loss gang. 60 lbs in 6 months. The jig is up, gone are the handy excuses (pregnant, nursing, thinking about being pregnant or it's Tuesday) so it's time to get down and dirty and do something for myself. I must say that the thought of having to fork out $100 if I don't reach my goal is more motivating to me than receiving $100 or the possibilities of heart attack, stroke or diabetic coma. It's possible that my motivators are a bit skewed but who cares? So far, I have lost 6 lbs. in the first week-yay, go me. I'll get more excited when I reach the halfway mark. This may sound like such a feat for some of you but for me (I'm just under 6') about the only body part that may register any weight loss are my eyebrows. I'm not one of those "I-lost-15-lbs-and-4-dress-sizes" types. It takes about 30 lbs. to go down ONE size. Has it's pros and cons.
I've known our fearless leader or mad moderator or whatever we're calling him since about age 8 and our parents are best buddies so that makes us practically related. He's seen me pudgy and thin but now I've reached Jabba the Hutt status and wouldn't care to share any specific numbers. I am taking pics of me and measurements along with the numbers from the scale for my own personal use but don't ask me to share those numbers except for how much lost. Would prefer to maintain a small modicum of dignity, although that may not be possible. Would love to chat with anyone about their challenge and get to know you all better. Cheers!
Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment