Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Beware Aquaman!

After I take my younger son and his friend to swim team and then drop off my older son at Scouts, I'm off to the gym to swim some laps. During the network coverage of the '08 Summer Olympics in Beijing, I saw a story on how some swimmers train with a snorkel that runs along the bridge of your nose and up over your head. This helps the swimmer keep her/his head steady without having to lift her/his head up out of the water to breathe so she/he can concentrate on technique and strengthening those swimming muscles. Long story too long, I went out today and purchased one of those snorkels, and I am prepared to have people pointing at me and whispering things under their breath - and I'm extremely confident it will have nothing to do with a striking resemblance to Michael Phelps. It'll be more along the lines of "What's the asthmatic doing trying to swim laps - and why isn't he wearing any type of support bra?"

I thought I would post this for all of you who are trying to lose weight like I am - I figured a mental image of what I just described would be reason enough either to not eat due to loss of appetite or to hurl violently that which you've already had for dinner - low-cal or not.

Just looking out for my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment